Sunday, August 28, 2011

Ready for School

We are ready for school! Emma starts at Sojourn Academy tomorrow and will be in second grade. Jack starts at Rayitos del Sol preschool and Will and I start at The Spanish Language Insititute on Tuesday. It's all on the same campus so we'll walk together to school each day (hand in hand of course). Emma's school is in English with an Indiana state curriculum but she will have Spanish class every day. Her school is from 7:30-2:30 and she has signed up to take gymnastics two days a week after school. Jack's preschool is from 7:30-12:00 and is entirely in Spanish. Will and I have class every day from 8:00-12:00 with 3 classes...grammar, phonetics and conversation (I doubt we'll be in the same class). We also have chapel two days a week. I think we have around 50 people in our trimester group with around 150 people total at The Spanish Language Institute.

Here is Emma's school supply list. She wanted me to post her list and pictures of all her school supplies so her friends at home could see what they look like. She asked Will to go to Walmart and get all of her supplies and surprise her with them. He did such a good job picking out girly things!













Our orientation started last week and I guess I was pretty excited about it. Tuesday night I woke up at 2am and just couldn't go back to sleep. So I read for a while and finally decided to go out on the balcony and watch the sun rise (at 5am). I hopefully won't be doing that again anytime soon so I wanted to take some pictures.
















Yay! We're here!


We found our picture on the new student wall





Meetings in the chapel


The sidewalk connecting The Spanish Language Institute and Sojourn Academy





Emma wanted to pack their snacks for each day of orientation child care. I found this note in Jack's lunch bag after orientation one day. She's such a sweet little mommy to him.


And Emma wanted to walk Jack to his class by herself the next day. So we just watched them walk off all big and grownup acting without us. I'm so glad they're comfortable here.


Jack fell off the playground equipment on Friday and smacked his forehead on the ground. Of course, there is only hard concrete below the playground so he now has a huge bruise.
Look at his tough guy face...he thinks the bruise is pretty awesome


1 comment:

  1. This is great! You are such a great blogger. I remember when we used to blog regularly. . . :) BTW, I hear you on the Sojourn playground being cement! That would NEVER be acceptable in the states! I'm a bit surprised they get by with it there. But, way to be tough, Jack!
    :) Tracey

    ReplyDelete