Thursday, May 30, 2013

Ziplining Adventure

One day during our trip we went to a Butterfly Garden and Zipline Adventure. Melissa and I took the two older kids and Will stayed back at the hotel with Ally. Emma and I didn't get to go ziplining last year with Melissa and we were really looking forward to it. Emma had never been before and had an equal mix of terror and excitement going into it. We told her that she had to do this before leaving Costa Rica. Not many people can say they have ziplined through the jungle!


We toured the butterfly garden first
  
 
 

And next we all geared up 

Jack is a ziplining pro...he said he was the captain of our group
 

Ready to go
 

We had a bunch of young girls in our ziplining group and they loved Jack. They always wanted him to sit with them at lunch and on the bus and they even bought him a soda at the end (they bought one for Emma too). He loved every minute of the attention from them.

My girl's first time to go!
 

And here goes Jack 

I'm kind of freaked out, but can't show that in front of my kids

Next we had to hike up to the tree tops

We had a crazy guide

Loving every minute

We even rappelled down in some spots









This was the Tarzan Swing. It was up super high and really freaked us out. 

A little look of terror

Then a look of fun

So stinkin' high!

Poor Emma. She got really scared and I just held on to her right until it was time to go. She was so determined and brave. I was so proud of her.

Totally unsure...but she did it!

And was so happy she did!

I love Melissa's combo look of fear/excitement

I was just glad to be off that platform

Jack with no hands

Emma upside down




Silly kids with Melissa at the end.

What an unforgettable experience!


No comments:

Post a Comment