Thursday, May 30, 2013

Another Melissa Trip

Our good friend Melissa came to visit us one more time before we leave Costa Rica. We went on a very busy "Melissa Trip" last year (as my kids called it), but I was pregnant and unable to do very much. This time we all went back to our favorite beach, Manuel Antonio, and decided to do some adventures there and stay in one location instead of traveling around. It was so beautiful and relaxing and a perfect last trip for us here.

We stayed at Costa Verde at an amazing house with lots of room for us to play and hang out. The hotel has a few restaurants that we enjoyed and we had our own private entrance to a pool. We even had tons of monkeys swinging over our heads while we swam. So cool/Kinda creepy.


The girls at Costa Verde

The view from our room

Paradise

Our house

Side note: I can't believe I'm admitting to this, but Ally decided to become super active during this trip. She's really strong and quick, and rolled off the bed twice and off the concrete step once during this week. The poor girl has a few bruises on her head in this picture. Will finally got pretty upset at me by the third time. Do I really have three kids? What is wrong with me?

One day we hiked through the national park in Manuel Antonio. We ended up on the prettiest beach I've seen here in Costa Rica. 

The little girl loved hiking in her front pack! It was super hot so she was a naked baby most of the time and definitely enjoyed that.

Family of five

Melissa definitely knows how to plan a fun trip!

My beautiful girl

There were tons of crabs all over these rocks as the waves came in. The kids of course loved chasing them trying to catch them.

Iguanas all over the place

Emma holding a Walking Stick bug

I always wanted to see a sloth! Yay!

Adorable

White-faced monkeys trying to swoop in for food

Biggest iguana I've ever seen

Baby girl in the sand for the first time

Cheese for the camera


the Pacific Ocean

But then she loved it

And loved the sand too. We just had to keep her from eating it!


No comments:

Post a Comment