Thursday, July 28, 2011

Wrapping It Up

Our last days here in Memphis have been full of people...and we love every minute of it. I think we've eaten out every meal of every day for a few weeks now! Everyone has been so gracious and loving which will stay with us for a long time. The stress has been unbelievable and exhausting but we're making it through. We feel truly blessed beyond measure to have such great family & friends! Here are some pictures from our last week in Memphis:

My cousin Lisa came to visit and this picture pretty much sums up our time together
Cousins Colin, Jack, Caroline & Emma (each 1 month apart in age)
goofy boys
sweet cousins
Lots of cousin love
boys getting final haircuts
playing in the rain at the apartment

kids spent a lot of time with nana & pappy while we packed. we had so many friends helping us out either packing, bringing us food, running errands or helping out with the kids. we couldn't have done it without them!
the purging process begins
getting rid of more and more things
stress
starting to get there...after about 10 more loads to goodwill
chick-fil-a lunch break with friends
lots of suitcases...thanks for the hot pink duct tape Loden's!
and lots and lots and lots more suitcases
had to take a break and make a Jerry's sno cone run
goodbye apartment!
and now i leave you with horribly realistic pictures of our apartment bug problem
i woke up friday night at 4am to this roach on the right crawling on my arm

completely disgusting

maybe the bug issue was getting me ready for costa rica bugs...ugh

During the move, I went to my sister-in-law's baby shower (my brother's wife). She's due in only a few weeks with my little niece, Lindley Belle. I hate I will miss her birth, but looking forward to seeing a lot of her on skype.

Me, Brenda, Missy, Angela, Mimi, Fran & Mom

We showed my Mimi skype & told her we would still have a local phone number...she was completely amazed

Our family with my brother and his wife

Cousins Wes, Emma, Jack and Colin

The best thing about the apartment was Emma's new friend, Ryan. They got along so well and were instant friends. They played together all day every day and we'll miss her so much. I told the girls I wanted to take a bunch of silly pictures and here they are:






And I close with a final shot of everything we own in the back of a mini-van. We have 11 suitcases, 4 carry-ons and 4 backpacks.

Here we go!




7 comments:

  1. And we will be here on this side to help you! Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this post and I love the shot of the van. I will miss you guys. Already looking forward to the annual Christmas party!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying for your family, brings tears to my eyes. What an incredible thing for your children to be a part of! Love you guys!! Keep us updated and we are praying!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! That van!!! I was so glad to see y'all tonite...can't wait to see you again in person!! I will be praying for you guys tomorrow and over the next several months as you transition! Olivia will miss Emma so much... Take care! We love y'all!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We're praying for you guys, too! The adventure begins.....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sweet post, and so surreal. The Braithwait's will definitely miss you all. I remember telling my neighbor a while ago, it will be a huge void for the kids, and I know it really will. Bennett has prayed every night "...and thank you that Jack and Emma could come stay the night..." not even kidding. Can't wait to hear all about the adventure and see you all again soon! Sending lots of love and prayers already!

    ReplyDelete
  7. FYI.. the bug pics give me the heebie jeebies! Ryan asked what I was "ugh"ing over.. I started to tell him and then just said "... I can't talk about it..." ha!

    ReplyDelete