Tuesday, January 31, 2012

First Trimester of Language School


We are now several weeks into our second trimester of Spanish Language School. As I look back at last trimester, I can't believe what all we've learned! I came into school in August with no Spanish at all and just hoped that going back to school wouldn't be too much for me. All the teachers say it's a day-by-day process, so that's what I'm still doing. I wanted to write about what all we learned in our first trimester before I forget! Here's the overview for those interested:

In Grammar class we learned:
  • Gender and number in nouns, adjectives and articles
  • Present tense of regular and irregular verbs
  • Verbal periphrases that use the infinitive
  • Direct and indirect objects
  • Reflexive verbs
  • Special intransitive verbs

In Language class we learned:
  • Lots and lots of vocab and using it with the correct gender adjective and correct conjugated verb
  • Words used at the store, with family, around the house, inside and outside the body, occupations, around the city, in the car, in a train, in an airport
  • How to tell time

We learned days, months, seasons and numbers all in one day. I guess you're just supposed to pick up on those as we live life. We have. In Phonetics class, we just repeated and repeated and repeated sounds and words. We learned how to divide up syllables and where to place accents in a word. In the end we were reading Bible stories and learned about voice inflection when reading. That class has actually been so helpful!

No comments:

Post a Comment