Monday, October 1, 2012

Jack Starts Kindergarten

My baby boy started kindergarten on Labor Day (September 3rd...there is no Labor Day in Costa Rica). He was so excited and felt so big going up to Sojourn Academy and starting "big school". In fact, he even asked me if he could walk to school all by himself...sorry buddy, not going to happen.


First Day of Kindergarten

Ready with uniform shirt, light up Skechers and Avengers lunch box

I cannot believe my little boy is so grown up. It's been just the two of us at home for many years and now I have to let go. So not ready for this, but I managed to hold back the tears.

Things were a little crazy up at school with everyone dropping the kids off so quickly so we only got a few pictures. Will said my stomach was in the way for the pictures so I needed to move.

Jack and his teacher, Miss Liechty. She just graduated with an education degree from Wheaton College and is so excited about being here and teaching in Costa Rica. What more can you ask for in a kindergarten teacher?

Jack and his good buddy, Matthew. Matthew is from England and they are going to be missionaries in Mexico next year. It's so cute hearing Jack and Matthew playing together...they are all boy! Jack talks in his southern accent and Matthew talks in his British accent...so adorable. 

The classroom...Jack's desk is the empty one in the front corner. They only have 10 kids in their class which is great. They have "English" kindergarten in the morning and "Spanish" kindergarten for 3 hours in the afternoon (with Ms. Victoria who doesn't speak any English). His school is from 7:30-1:00. He really loves it and is already learning a lot!

Hanging up his backpack and lunchbox

He's ready to go.
Okay, now I can cry.

No comments:

Post a Comment