Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Giving Thanks

I love how the Lord catches my attention. Here I was...minding my own business...feeling sorry for myself that I'm missing Thanksgiving back at home...missing food...pouting about it...writing a facebook status about it...when I read a friend's blog. Thank you Lord for using Stephanie to speak to me today about your goodness. To You alone I give all thanks. Here is what she wrote about being thankful. I love how it's simple and to the point:

I have decided to emphasize not what I am thankful for, but to whom I am giving the thanks. I can honestly say my heart overflows with thanks to the God who gives and the God who takes away. The God who enables me to be thankful in ALL things, in ALL circumstances. The God who alone can satisfy. The God who's love for His children is "so amazing, so divine [it] demands my soul, my life, my all."

Yes, God has richly blessed me, and I am ever grateful. But my thought for this holiday is the assurance that some Thanksgiving, I could be sitting on a park bench, with nothing and no one, and still be just as filled with thankfulness to the God of my salvation.

We do have much to give thanks for and a great God to give all thanks to! Happy Thanksgiving!

From Stephanie Braithwait: braithwaitblog.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment