Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Jesus Calling

I'm really enjoying the devotional book Jesus Calling by Sarah Young. It's a great start to my morning and gives me some thoughts and Scripture to think about during my day at school. They are a quick read early in the morning when I can't seem to focus on too much.
We've been praying for our trip to Honduras for a while. We wanted the Lord's guidance, His peace, and His wisdom as we traveled there to consider the possibilities of ministry in Honduras for our family. It was really early the day we left, and I decided to read my devotional at the airport waiting for our plane.

Here was the entry for that day....Friday, October 6th:

Be willing to follow wherever I lead. Follow me wholeheartedly, with glad anticipation quickening your pace. Though you don't know what lies ahead, I know; and that is enough! Some of My richest blessings are just around the bend: out of sight, but nonetheless very real. To receive these gifts, you must walk by faith - not by sight. This doesn't mean closing your eyes to what is all around you. It means subordinating the visible world to the invisible Shepherd of your soul.
Sometimes I lead you up a high mountain with only My hand to support you. The higher you climb, the more spectacular the view becomes; also, the more keenly you sense your separation from the world with all its problems. This frees you to experience exuberantly the joyous reality of My Presence. Give yourself fully to these Glory-moments, awash in dazzling Light. I will eventually lead you down the mountain, back into community with others. Let My Light continue to shine within you as you walk among people again.
"We live by faith, not by sight." 2 Corinthians 5:7
"Splendor and majesty are before him; strength and glory are in his sanctuary." Psalm 96:6
"I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life." John 8:12
"For with you is the fountain of life; in your light we see light." Psalm 36:9

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. I love that devotion! I will be praying those verses for you and Will as God guides you each day in following Him. Stay close.
    MOM

    ReplyDelete