Saturday, April 6, 2013

Ally - 5 months old

Little Ally is finally getting bigger...a little bit. She keeps growing by about a half an inch every time we take her to the doctor, but she's barely gaining weight. The doctor keeps calling her a Barbie doll every time he sees her. We've adjusted her schedule a bit and it seems to really be working for her. She actually gained 7 ounces this last time which is quite a lot considering her tiny size. She now weighs 10 pounds 7 ounces and is 24.5 inches long.

Ally's new schedule:
6:00am - nurse
6:45am - fruit and galleta maria
8:00am - nap
10:00am - 6 ounce formula bottle with iron & vitamin drops
12:00pm - nap
2:00pm - nurse
4:00pm - nap
5:30pm - cereal de avena
6:00pm - 6 ounce formula bottle
7:30pm - bedtime
10:00pm - night time nurse



Happy girl

She's found her feet! She's always kicking (she's still so strong) and now she loves eating her feet

Gross story, but true: The other day Emma and I were doing school on my bed and Ally was laying there with us. I was reading a book to Emma and I starting feeling something weird on the bottom of my pinky toe. I looked and Ally was licking my toe! Gross! I can't imagine all the dirt, germs, parasites, nastiness that is on the bottom of my Costa Rican-walking barefeet. I will just choose not to think about it.

She LOVES her sister

What a sweet little face

I had to include all the food the doctor recommended for her now. Looks pretty normal to what we would do in the States. I did have to figure out what a Galleta Maria was.

This is it:
Kind of like a teething biscuit maybe?


Here is his sample schedule for feeding her food. He actually recommended juice in the afternoons. Even though he says it should be the sugar-free kind mixed with lots of water, not gonna do that. I'm sure he just wants her to have more calories, but there's something weird to me about putting juice in a bottle.

Her sleeping patterns have been off this past month which has been frustrating. She was only sleeping about 20-40 minutes each nap which is not enough (still slept good at night...gracias a Dios). I started letting her cry some when I lay her down and it's actually made all the difference. I know, she's growing up and I can't just snuggle her to sleep all the time any more. She is sleeping so much better when she can settle herself down without her swaddle blanket and she can roll around to adjust in her sleep. Her naps are SO much better! Yay for a rested baby!

1 comment:

  1. Yeah for the rested baby and rested mama! I love the pictures! Ally is so precious!

    ReplyDelete