Monday, March 18, 2013

What My Kids Are Used To

Will takes the kids with him on his trips to the country whenever he can. These trips are difficult 5 hour drives through terrible roads with very few stops. My kids have gotten very used to this, and I love that. Our friend, Andy, came in town and Will and Fernando took Andy and the kids on one of their pastor visits. I wanted to share a bit of what my kids are now used to:


Eating sugar cane off the side of the road

Playing with new friends. Emma took a bunch of stuff she doesn't use anymore and gave it away. This was totally her idea. I love that.
  
 
 

Playing together...because they're all just kids
 
  

They don't have indoor bathrooms in this area and they all use an outhouse. Pretty gross, but this is where the outhouse runs off...and my kids are playing in it.

And Emma has "it" all over her. But she doesn't care.

Chasing chickens 
  


A woman was not okay with Emma having "dirty stuff" all over her. So she pulled some water up from the local well and washed Emma off. I told Emma I was just glad she didn't drink the well water. To that she said "Oh I did drink it Mom". Great. Looks like we need to de-parasite ourselves before we leave here.



Beautiful scenery that I know we will miss terribly.

And of course there is a disco on board the ferry on the way home. Why not?

All of this my kids now find extremely normal.

And I love that.

1 comment:

  1. There is so much I love about this. I mean love. It does my heart good! A huge part of me wishes we could all do this ;-)

    ReplyDelete