Monday, March 11, 2013

Finding Rest



I just love this picture of Emma and Ally. I see the sisterly love flowing out of Emma and I'm so glad this was captured. Emma is probably the best big sister I have ever seen. I'm so thankful that she is able to have a baby sister at her age.

I also see the spiritual significance in my life through this picture. It reminds me of my Heavenly Father's love for me even when I'm flailing about wanting to do my own thing. I think I know best and I want my own way! I pitch a fit, scream and holler when life doesn't go my way. He holds me steady, tightly, lovingly, patiently, all the while knowing exactly what is best for me. Ally was fed, changed and needed to sleep. Period. But she just flat didn't want to. All she had to do was lay her head down and everything would be fine. She would find rest in the person who knew better than she did.

I pray I remember this lesson.


"Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest."
Matthew 11:28

No comments:

Post a Comment